Mommy and Me/Postnatal Yoga Teacher Training
May 31st-June 2nd!
$595 for series
Early bird pricing available: $100 off if you register by May 17th
Learn to teach Mommy and Me Yoga with Humor, Skill and Grace
at Boulder’s Premier Family Yoga Studio
Space is limited, reserve your spot today!!
Click HERE to register online through Mindbody!
After you've placed your deposit, please also fill out one of our registration forms:
Email Katie to ask questions.
For Yoga Teachers, New moms interested in deepening their practice, Nannies, Doulas, Daycare Providers, Postnatal Massage Therapists, and Prenatal Yoga teachers looking to continue with their students and babies!
Learn to guide and serve new mamas with grace and humor. Mommy and Me Yoga is for moms in the first year of motherhood who want to practice yoga with their baby! It is an important year for healing, and a crucial year for connecting with other moms.
A Mommy and Me Yoga teacher can serve as a guide, helping support the new mom to meet the challenges of becoming a mother. Mommy and Me yoga is a combination of healing, strengthening, and humility.
This training will help you teach in a way that empowers women through their journey and builds community that lasts a lifetime.
Guest speakers include: Darcy Kamin, lactation Consultant, Kate Kripke, Post-partum depression, and Tara Faith Brockman, Acupuncturist.
What is included:
- Humor: What does it take to hold space in this interesting time? How can I be in a room full of crying infants and still teach a yoga class?
- Healing: Learn about common postnatal discomforts (pelvic prolapses, diastasis recti, scar tissue, healing from surgical birth, hemmorhoids) and how yoga can help. Learn specific asanas, and pranayama for the year after pregnancy.
- Help: Who are your allies on the path? (postnatal practitioners, knowing when to refer, what to do when a student needs more than you can offer)
- Humility: Learn to surrender your ideas of what a yoga class is 'supposed to be' Learn to have fun and embrace the chaos of the first year of motherhood.
- Honor: Learn to honor these new beings as concsious and present yogis in very small bodies. Learn poses to interact with the babies, as well as infant massage.
Your fearless leader:
Katie Wise E-RYT, RPYT, RCYT, CD
Katie Wise is a prenatal, mommy and me, family and children’s yoga teacher, doula, childbirth educator and birth advocate, as well as the owner and founder of Yo Mama Yoga and Family Centers. She has been teaching Mommy and Me yoga for over ten years and brings not only experience but creativity to the practice. Katie trained with Gurmukh Khalsa and Golden Bridge Yoga, and combines Kundalini and strong Hatha to create her signature Mommy and Me Yoga classes. Her work and writing have been featured in “Whole Life Times,” “Yogi Times,” “Los Angeles Daily News,” “Special Delivery,” the “Boulder Daily Camera,” and on NPR. Katie believes that women's bodies and minds have the wisdom to give birth and be mothers. Her purpose in supporting and educating women is to uncover and foster that instinct and faith.