Yo Mama’s Prenatal Teacher Training
with Katie Wise and Kirsten Warner
Learn to teach Prenatal Yoga with Heart, Consciousness, and Mastery
at Boulder’s Premier Prenatal Yoga Studio
(One of the only Prenatal Trainings in the country that meets the Yoga Alliance Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher requirements*)
Upcoming Training dates:
Part I: Jan. 23-26, 2014
Part II: Jan 28 - 30, 2014
Space is limited, reserve your spot today!!
Email Katie with questions. email@example.com
$795 For Part I or II separately
$1,495 for both Parts I and II
$300 deposit holds your space*
Early Bird Discounts available!!
For Yoga Teachers, Doulas, Childbirth Educators, Labor and Delivery Nurses, Prenatal Massage Therapists, and Pregnant women interested in deepening their practice.
We see Prenatal Teaching as a calling, and we will help you connect to the source of inspiration for you, and find your own voice. Prenatal Yoga is a balance of strength, endurance and surrender. We focus on what the pregnant woman can do, not what she can’t. We will help you teach in a way that empowers women through their journey into motherhood and builds communities that last a lifetime.
What is included:
- The Calling: Why teach Prenatal Yoga? Access your strengths, unique teaching style, and voice. Resourcing your own well as a teacher.
- The Curriculum: What can Yoga Offer Pregnant Women? (asana, contraindications, Pranayama, alignment, easing pregnant discomforts, teaching practice, observation and feedback.)
- The Circle (students): What’s going on for them? (anatomy, physiology, psychology, the transformation into mother, supporting the journey and holding space)
- The Community: Who are your allies on the path? (pregnancy practitioners, knowing when to refer, building community that will last a lifetime)
- The Consciousness: What is the deeper purpose? (The baby’s experience, Conscious Birth Preparation, lifestyle choices through pregnancy, birth and motherhood)
Submerse yourself in this powerful practice. Learn what you need to do to modify yoga for Pregnant women, and dive into the world of mamas and babies. This is intended for yoga teachers, midwives, doulas and other health professionals who are interested in teaching yoga to Pregnant women.
- Learn the fundamentals of teaching to women in the prenatal year
- Learn asana, contraindications, pranayama, alignment that are appropriate
- Learn ways to ease pregnant discomforts, and keep pregnancy low risk
- See what's going on for your students, and how to meet their unique needs during this time.
- Sequencing and creating a great Prenatal Yoga Class
- Physiology and Anatomy of Pregnancy and Birth
- Strength and Endurance Exercises for empowerment
- Understanding the Pregnant Year from a Holistic Perspective
It's best to have completed either a 200hour training or at least two years of steady practice before taking this training. You can, however do this after completing this training.
Dive deeper into the world of Prenatal Yoga. Learn more about yourself as a teacher. This section includes a lot of practice teaching, feedback, and a much deeper understanding of all of the facets of teaching Prenatal Yoga.
- Find out where you hold yourself back as a teacher and break through these habits.
- Learn more about the juicy practices you can offer your students- nutrition, natural remedies, herbal support, and more.
- Learn more about Yoga for Labor support
- Therapeutic Yoga Practices to support Pregnancy discomforts
- Birth settings and empowered birth choices- learn about the cultural shifts in birth, and the difference between risk-based care and evidence-based care
- Post-partum recovery- the 'baby-moon' and diastasis recovery
After completing both parts, you will be eligible to begin the certification process towards a Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher (RPYT) through Yoga Alliance.
From our students:
I am taking all I have learned and start sharing it in the world. I am teaching 5 classes a week starting this week with maybe more coming soon. Very exciting. I think of you all the time and apprecitate your vision in the world! Winslow, Utah
I researched trainings in prenatal before committing to a program and am so thankful to have chosen YoMama's training. The depths of knowledge and the passion the instructors have is second to none. They are inspirational. Gillian, Florida
For questions regarding the training- please email Katie@yomamayoga.com
For any questions or concerns with enrollment please email:
To begin your registration process, Please fill out the following form:
and to register online, use the following link:
Your fearless leaders:
Katie Wise E-RYT, RPYT, CD (certified doula)
Katie Wise is a prenatal, mommy and me, family and children’s yoga teacher, doula, childbirth educator and birth advocate, as well as the owner and founder of Yo Mama Yoga and Family Centers. She has trained with Gurmukh Khalsa, Saul David Raye, Chuck Miller and many more. Katie believes that women’s bodies have the wisdom to give birth. Her purpose in supporting and educating pregnant women is to uncover and foster that instinct and faith.
Kirsten Warner E-RYT 500, RPYT
Kirsten has been a dedicated student of yoga for over twenty years and has been a certified instructor since 1998. She became passionate about prenatal yoga when she was pregnant with her first child over a decade ago. Her teaching is strongly influenced by her in depth training in Anusara yoga as well as the many years she spent studying under the guidance of Sofia Diaz. Her background includes extensive study in women’s, prenatal and postpartum yoga. She holds a degree in psychology, is the co-founder of Devi Yoga for Women and is currently creating a YA certified 200 Hour Women's Yoga Teacher Training.
Katie and Kirsten share a deep passion for supporting mama’s journey to and through motherhood. With a combined total of 18 years teaching Prenatal yoga, they create a masterful training.
*Level 1 and 2 together satisfy the 85 hours required to attain the designation of Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher, as recently changed by Yoga Alliance. Participants will receive a certificate upon completion both Parts of the training.
*The deposit amount is nonrefundable.
With a dynamic mentorship program for additional practicum hours to get Yoga Alliance prenatal yoga certification
Financial aid available, work trade available
(past graduates of Part I can sign up for Part II only, please contact us with questions. You can also pay for both parts now, even if you plan to postpone your training for Part II.)